POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Back after too long a break : Re: Back after too long a break Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back after too long a break
From: Mike
Date: 12 Jul 2000 03:07:07
Message: <396C24F6.FAEDB59B@aol.com>
I need to get back into rendering again too after taking a break of sorts.
I've also been really getting into fish tanks, specifically reefs.

Your image is really nice.  The glass looks a bit thicker than would be needed
for a tank that size and as David mentioned it should have a tint to it.  Not
even green really, as good quality glass has a faint blue tint.  Something
like rgbf <.8, .95, 1, .8> and fade_distance and fade_power should do it.

I also like the rest of the interior view and can't help thinking that
radiosity would add a new dimension to it.  Turning off all ambience and using
radiosity in MegaPOV would do wonders I bet.

Lemme guess the fish:

gourami
cory cats
Rosy barbs